Tuesday 23 October 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

      My apologies friends, it has been a while since I posted last. I have eaten a tremendous amount of fantastic food over the last week, but alas, I don't always remember to take pictures (I often remember when I am part way through, or after I have finished eating it).

      Today, I will share Mr. Pepper's favourite cookie of all time. It's not his favourite recipe, but I am not releasing my mother's recipe online. I have a feeling she won't give it to me now that I've started blogging.

The players
     Here's what you need:

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
2 cups chocolate chips (I use a combination of toffee bits, dark chocolate and milk chocolate, leftover Easter chocolates work well too)

Mmm... Cookie Dough
1. Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl. A hand or stand mixer makes this step super easy.

2. Add eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition.

3. Add vanilla and beat until smooth.

4. In a separate bowl combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.

5. Turn your mixer to speed 1 (or low speed). Add half of the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Mix well until no dry flour remains. Add the remaining dry mixture and mix until no dry flour remains.

6. Add chocolate chips. Mix well. Depending on your mixer, you might need to do this using a spoon.
Before the Oven



7. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop using 1 1/2 tbsp of dough for each cookie. Space them 2 inches apart (this gives them room to spread). If you are making a large cookie, drop them closer together, but make sure you leave a little bit of space in between each drop so it cooks all the way through. A solid sheet of dough doesn't always cook well.


In the Oven


8. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes (until golden brown). Let them stand for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before moving them to racks to cool.





Makes 3 dozen cookies.


                                                                                                  Enjoy!
                                                                                                      Mel
Cookie Time!






No comments:

Post a Comment